Steak And Wine Workshop - Liverpool
Steak & Wine Workshop (Malmaison, Liverpool)
Are you a fan of food? Are you a fan of wine? Well if the answer to both of those questions is yes, then we've got the ideal tasting for you!
Here at the Cheshire Mersey Wine School we appreciate that certain wines can really come into their own and taste even more delicious when partnered up to the right food dishes. And as keen foodies as well as wine lovers we figured that we'd love to share our love and passion for food and wine with you!
One food & wine pairing that we're particularly fond of has to be 'Steak & Wine' - Who doesn't love it though?!
We'll be trying a fabulous range of rich, juicy and full-bodied reds from all over the world that really come to life when partnered up with a juicy steak! FromArgentinean Malbecs, to classy 'old world' Cabernet Sauvignon, we'll taste the lot and see how the steak melts in the mouth when enjoyed with these big and bold wines.
Wines we'll taste on the night
- Argentinian Malbec from Mendoza - Lots of concentrated dark fruit, blackcurrant and cassis.
- Cabernet Sauvignon/Merlot, Bordeaux France - A beautiful full bodied red wine with grippy tannins to match up to the steak.
- Valpolicella Ripasso, Italy - Known as a 'Baby Amarone' this wine is soft and velvety.
- Barossa Shiraz, Australia - The King of red wines in Australia. Lots of rich, dark fruit and peppery notes.
- Chilean Carmenere - Chile's noble red grape variety that originated in Bordeaux. Dark, full & lovely spicy notes.
- Rioja,Spain- Lovely mix of red & black fruit with hints of spice, this is a classic wine from Northern Spain.
As well as these beautiful wines that we'll sample on the night we'll also enjoy a juicy steak straight from the restaurants grill at the Malmaison Hotel Brasserie.
This event can also be purchased as a Gift Voucher.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Fri 24th Aug 2018 at 7pm to 9pm
Duration: 2 hours
Venue: Malmaison Hotel Liverpool