Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch (Chester)
Join us on our best-selling wine tasting day 11am-4pm which includes a chilled glass of Vintage Champagne on the private balcony, 12 fantastic wines & a delicious Three-course fine-dining lunch on the hotels 5th floor at 4* luxury hotel aBode Chester.
These wine tasting days are FUN, informal & NO previous wine tasting experience or knowledge is required. They make a fantastic day out with friends, family or loved ones!
This wonderful wine tasting experience can also be bought as a Gift Voucher! Perfect for the food & wine lovers!
**NOTE: Please inform us of any food allergies or intolerances BEFORE the event date**
- Introduction to the world's major wine regions.
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine.
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California)
- Old World Wines (France, Italy, Spain & others).
- Major red grape varieties such as Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & more.
- Major white grape varieties such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Viognier & more.
- How wine is made - fermentation ageing etc.
- How to taste wine like a professional - colour, aroma, flavour.
- Recognising elements of wines - Tannin, acidity, oak.
- Tutored tasting of 12 high-quality wines plus Champagne.
**The 3-Course meal will be served from the 5th Floor Restaurant - Menu will be on the website 1 week before the event**
Check out our Tripadvisor page to see what others have had to say about their Saturday wine tasting experience!
Places remaining: 10
Course Date/Time: Sat 10th Mar 2018 at 11am-4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: ABode Hotel Chester