Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch (Chester)
Join us on an 'Introduction To Wine' tasting day from 11.00am-4.00pm including a delicious 3-Course lunch on the hotels 5th floor at the luxury 4* Abode Hotel Chester.
We'll welcome you with a chilled glass of Champagne to start the day off that can be enjoyed on the balcony before commencing with a fun and informal wine tasting afternoon.
The day will be broken up in to two parts, starting with 6 'old-world' wines, followed by our lunch, then finishing with 6 'New-world' wines!
**NOTE: Please inform us of any food allergies or intolerances BEFORE the event date**
- Introduction to the world's major wine regions
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California)
- Old World Wines (France, Italy, Spain)
- Major red grape varieties such as - Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & more.
- Major white grape varieties such as - Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Viognier & more.
- How wine is made - Grapes, fermentation, ageing, use of oak...
- How to taste wine - Colour, aroma, flavours, describing a wine...
- Recognising elements of wine - Tannin, acidity, Oak...
- Tutored tasting of 12 wines.
**The 3 - course lunch menu will be emailed to you approximately 1 week before the event for your pre-order**
Places remaining: 1
Course Date/Time: Sat 25th Nov 2017 at 11am to 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: ABode Hotel Chester