Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch (Chester)
Join us on an 'Introduction To Wine' tasting day from 11.00am-4.00pm including a delicious 3-Course lunch at Michelin Star awarded and celebrity chef Michael Caines restaurant on the hotels 5th floor at the luxury 4* Abode Hotel Chester.
We'll welcome you with a chilled glass of Champagne to start the day off that can be enjoyed on the private balcony which overlooks the stunning Chester racecourse with views all the way over to North Wales.
The day will be broken up in to two parts, starting with 6 'old-world' wines, followed by our lunch, then finishing with 6 'New-world' wines!
**NOTE: Please inform us of any food allergies or intolerances BEFORE the event date**
- Introduction to the world's major wine regions
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California)
- Old World Wines (France, Italy, Spain)
- Major red grape varieties such as - Shiraz, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & more.
- Major white grape varieties such as - Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio, Viognier & more.
- How wine is made - Grapes, fermentation, ageing, use of oak...
- How to taste wine - Colour, aroma, flavours, describing a wine...
- Recognising elements of wine - Tannin, acidity, Oak...
- Tutored tasting of 12 wines.
**The 3 - course lunch menu will be emailed to you approximately 1 week before the event for your pre-order**
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Sat 25th Nov 2017 at 11am to 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: ABode Hotel Chester