Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch (Congleton)
Wine tasting days 11am-4pm, includes glass of Champagne and a delicious two-course lunch at award winning Pecks Restaurant, Congleton Cheshire.
Want to try a wide variety of wines and learn about new grape varieties? Want to discover which wines match best with which foods? want a fun, interactive wine tasting day which will teach you all the basics about wine and a little more? Then this is the course for you!
Our Saturday courses are a great way for both the wine and food lover to spend an enjoyable day which includes a stunning two-course lunch as well as Champagne! This tasting is suitable for those who have no or little wine tasting experience; but with 13 great wines to taste and explore, we are sure that even those with a little knowledge will learn something new.
This course can be purchased as a Gift Voucher - a fantastic gift for the food & wine lovers, birthday presents or other special occasions!
We will be holiding our Saturday tastings in Congleton at the award winning Pecks Restaurant, a restaurant that provides a unique and complete dining experience. Many of the ingredients are sourced from from the surrounding countryside, grown and reared by trusted, local suppliers.
Check out a 5* review written by a customer who attended our last Saturday Introduction To Wine Tasting at Pecks Restaurant Congleton
**Menu will be available TWO weeks before the event date**
- Introduction to the world's major wine regions
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) Vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, Spain)
- Major red grape varieties - such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo and others
- Major white grape varieties - such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio and more
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing, use of oak
- How to taste wine - Colour, aroma, flavour, describing wine
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored tasting of 12 wines plus Champagne & Lunch
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 17th Mar 2018 at 11am to 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Pecks Restaurant