Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch (Chester)
Join us on an 'Introduction To Wine' tasting day from 11.00am-4.00pm including a delicious 3-Course lunch at Michelin Star awarded and celebrity chef Michael Caines restaurant on the hotels 5th floor at the luxury 4* Abode Hotel Chester.
We'll welcome you with a chilled glass of Champagne to start the day off that can be enjoyed on the private balcony which overlooks the stunning Chester racecourse with views all the way over to North Wales.
The day will be broken up in to two parts, starting with 6 'old-world' wines, followed by our lunch, then finishing with 6 'New-world' wines!
This wonderful day out can be bought as a gift voucher! The perfect gift and day out for the food & wine lovers!
**NOTE: Please inform us of any food allergies or intolerances BEFORE the event date**
- Introduction To the worlds major wine regions
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Argentina, South Africa, USA) VS Old World Wines (France, Spain, Italy)
- Major red grape varieties - Such as Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Tempranillo & more!
- Major white grape varieties - Such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay & many more.
- How wine is made - Grapes, ageing, use of oak.
- Recognising elements of wine - Tannin, acidity.
- Tutored tasting of 12 wines.
**Menu will be shown here 2 weeks prior to the event**
Places remaining: 12
Course Date/Time: Sat 18th Nov 2017 at 11am to 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: aBode Chester