Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch (Liverpool)
Join us on an 'Introduction To Wine Tasting' day from 11.00am to 4.00pm including Champagne and a delicious 3-course lunch in Liverpool. Our tasting will take place in the luxury 4* Boutique Malmaison Hotel. A beautiful luxury hotel that specialises in fine dining and customer service.
This wonderful day out can also be bought as a Gift Voucher for a special birthday present or any other special occasion.
**NOTE: Please inform us of any food allergies or intolerances BEFORE the event date**
- Introduction to the world's major wine regions
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) Vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties - Such as Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others.
- Major White Grape Varieties - Such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio & others.
- How wine is made - Grapes, fermentation, ageing, use of oak.
- How to taste wines - Colour, aroma, flavour, describing a wine.
- Recognising elements of wine - Tannin, acidity, oak.
- Tutored tasting of 12 wines.
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 28th Apr 2018 at 11am to 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Malmaison Hotel Liverpool