Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch (Liverpool)
Join us on a fun, informal and informative 'Introduction To Wine' day from 11.00am to 4.00pm including 12 wines, Champagne & a delicious 3 course lunch in Liverpool. Our tasting will take place in the impressive 4* Malmaison Hotel Liverpool.
On the day we'll be sampling Champagne and a variety of 12 different wines from all over the world and we'll showcase how different grape varieties, climates and wine making techniques can change the way wines taste in a fun, and light-hearted way!
This wonderful day out can also be bought as a gift voucher for any occassion! A great day out for the food & wine lovers and would make the perfect Gift!
**NOTE: Please inform us of any food allergies or intolerances BEFORE the event date**
- Introduction to the world's major wine regions
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) Vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties - Such as Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others
- Major White Grape Varieties - Such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio & more!
- How wine is made - Grapes, fermentation, ageing, use of oak
- How to taste wines - Colour, aroma, flavour, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - Tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored tasting of 12 wines
To read our 5* customer reviews you can head to our Trip Advisor Page.
Places remaining: 8
Course Date/Time: Sat 24th Mar 2018 at 11am to 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Malmaison Hotel Liverpool