Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch (Liverpool)
Join us on our BEST SELLING 'Introduction To Wine' day from 11am to 4pm including Champagne and a delicious 3-course lunch at the luxury 4* Malmaison Hotel Liverpool. We'll start the day with a chilled flute of fizz before enjoying some beautiful wines and a stunning fine dining lunch. It's a FUN, informal yet informative day out that is perfect for the food & wine lovers!
This wonderful day out can be bought as a Gift Voucher and makes the ideal Gift for the food & wine lovers in your life.
**NOTE: Please inform us of any food allergies or intolerances BEFORE the event date**
- Introduction to the world's major wine regions
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) Vs Old World Classics (France, Italy, Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties - Such as Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo and others.
- Major White Grape Varieties - Such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio & others
- How wine is made - grapes, fermentation, ageing, use of oak.
- How to taste wines - Colour, aroma, flavour, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak.
- Tutored tasting of 12 wines
Check some of our 5* reviews by heading to our TripAdvisor page!!
Places remaining: 7
Course Date/Time: Sat 26th Aug 2017 at 11am to 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Malmaison Hotel Liverpool