Saturday Introduction to Wine Course with Lunch (Liverpool)
Join us on our best selling 'Introduction To Wine' day from 11.00am to 4.00pm including a delicious 3-course lunch at the stunning 4* Malmaison Hotel, Liverpool. We'll start the day with a chilled flute of Champagne before trying a fantastic selection of wines from both the old and new world as well as enjoying a fantastic lunch in the hotels restaurant.
This wonderful day out can be bought as a gift voucher for a special birthday present or even to celebrate an anniversary and is perfect for all food & wine lovers.
**NOTE: Please inform us of any food allergies or intolerances BEFORE the event date**
- Introduction to the world's major wine regions
- The effect of climate on the taste of wine
- New World Wines (Australia, New Zealand, Chile, Argentina, South Africa, California) Vs Old World classics (France, Italy, Spain)
- Major Red Grape Varieties - Such as Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo & others.
- Major White Grape Varieties - Such as Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Pinot Grigio & more!
- How wine is made - Grapes, fermentation, ageing, use of oak
- How to taste wines - Colour, aroma, flavour, describing wines
- Recognising elements of wine - tannin, acidity, oak
- Tutored tasting of 12 wines
*Menu will be on the website a couple of weeks before the event*
Places remaining: 0
Course Date/Time: Sat 8th Sep 2018 at 11am to 4pm
Duration: 5 hours
Venue: Malmaison Hotel Liverpool