8-Wk World of Wine Tour Liverpool/Chester £95
Welcome to the Wonderful World of Wine!
Our 'World of Wine Course' runs one evening per week for 8 weeks and is designed as a practical introduction to the world of wine. It is structured for people who enjoy wine and would like to learn more about it in a fun and relaxed environment. You need no previous experience – the emphasis is on learning by your own experience of tasting the different varieties of wine. It is also a great way to meet new friends who share your enjoyment of wine.
Please Note: course fee (£95) excludes the cost of wine, food and materials, which are priced at £10 per evening payable on the night. Great value - still less than £22 per evening and SAVING £25 off the price of 8 evenings booked seperately (or one night free)!
This 8-week Wine Course can also be purchased as a gift - perfect for birthdays and special anniversaries!
WHAT IF I HAVE TO MISS ANY EVENINGS?
No problem - Pick up the missed session on the next World of Wine Course, or get a credit you can use for any of our wine courses or wine tastings. Courses run throughout the year.
Professional ISO tasting glasses, comprehensive tasting notes and some nibbles to help compare food groups with wine are provided
KEY FEATURES OF THE WORLD OF WINE COURSE
- Taste over 50 delicious wines in 8 weeks
- Retail prices of wines tasted will generally be between £7 and £20
- Discover where to obtain today's best value for money wines.
- Wine and food matching advice
- Common wine faults - how to spot them
- Storing and serving wine advice
- How to be a better wine shopper - where to buy your wines
- Taste the world’s major red grape varieties – Shiraz, Cabernet, Merlot, Pinot Noir, Sangiovese, Tempranillo, Grenache and others
- Taste the world’s major white grape varieties – Sauvignon Blanc, Chardonnay, Riesling, Semillon, Viognier, Pinot Grigio, Chenin Blanc and others
- Professional ISO tasting glasses, tasting notes and course notes are all provided
COURSE OUTLINE: WEEK BY WEEK
- Week 1: Introduction To Wine Tasting
- Week 2: France - All the major regions from Burgundy to Bordeaux
- Week 3: Spain & Portugal - More than just Rioja...
- Week 4: Italy - Our wine tasting Giro d'Italia tour around the wine regions of Italy
- Week 5: Australia & New Zealand - The Importance of climate and weather
- Week 6: Wines of South America - How wine is made
- Week 7: South Africa & USA - From California to Cape Town
- Week 8: Champagne & Sparkling Wines - Supermarkets vs Independents
Tastings start at 7pm and run for approx 2 hours, finishing 9pm.
Each week we will examine how different grape varieties, different climates and local wine-making techniques impact on the aromas and flavours of the wine. Through practice and our guidance you will learn how to identify the wine's characteristics - we show you how to taste and appraise wine like a professional. We believe that the best aide to learning about wine is the process of tasting and comparing for yourself and that is exactly what you will have the chance to do in our relaxed and informal setting.
Here is a Trip Advisor from one of our previous 8-Week attendees: